We are a cultural, charitable, and educational non-profit organization based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is one of the largest cultural organizations in the Midwest, with thousands of Gujarati-speaking members and supporters. The framework of the Samaj was set in 1967; it has since grown to one of the most active Indian organizations in the United States, holding many exciting cultural and recreational events that bring uncountable Gujaratis together.
Provides socializing opportunity that demonstrates the traditional and cultural wealth that encourages people to remain connected with Gujaratis in Minnesota and surrounding area.
We conduct events throughout the year, in which people gets opportunity to learn and explore about Gujarati culture and customs by means of socializing with others and by participating in various activities.
We celebrate various Indian festivals and invite everyone to join us. If you missed it last year, keep watching for our next event. Get involved in it, capture the opportunity to participate and enjoy!
- Maintain, enhance, understand, and appreciate Gujarati culture and language.
- Preserve Gujarati heritage by celebrating various Gujarati holidays.
- Encourage friendship among members with entertainment and sporting events.
- Educate youth about Gujarati customs.
- To promote these goals, the Samaj holds many events, including Diwali, Navratri, and Spring Festival celebrations, picnics, and other parties.
SERVING FROM PAST
Love Helping Others?
We highly encourage samaj members to volunteer in samaj events and help GSMN committee serve better. It really makes a big difference when "samaj members" show active participation and support towards samaj activities. Please click the button below to register your name for volunteering in samaj events. Don't forget to mention your phone number in the contact form and a brief message as to how you would like to help in Samaj Events. We will get back to you to share more details on the activities requiring your support. Thanks!